Cosmetic Dentist Bentleigh
Would you like to enhance your smile?
Even the most subtle change in your smile can make a dramatic difference in the way you look and feel. Cosmetic and restorative dentistry at A Dentist on Centre in Bentleigh is the ultimate combination of art and dental science. There is a range of dental procedures that are designed to enhance the aesthetic and functional nature of your smile.
- Porcelain and composite resin veneers
- Crown and bridge restorations
- White Composite fillings
- Tooth Whitening (see our Teeth Whitening page)
Porcelain and composite resin veneers
Everyone's teeth are unique and whilst some people are lucky to have straight white dazzling perfect teeth the majority of us have teeth with flaws. There are ways that you can achieve a natural and healthy smile with help.
Veneers are used for a range of cosmetic and restorative reasons:
- To restore chipped teeth
- To provide protection for weak or fractured teeth
- Improve the appearance of discoloured teeth
- To close gaps between teeth
Composite Veneers or porcelain veneers?
Composite veneers are made out of tooth-coloured resin material that is directly bonded to your teeth and can be tailored to the shade that gives a natural result.
Porcelain veneers are made out of porcelain and are permanently cemented to the outer surface of your tooth. These are completed in 2 visits, as the porcelain veneers are made in a laboratory.
Crown and Bridge
What is a crown?
A crown (cap) is a casing that fits over the top of a prepared tooth and is permanently cemented to your tooth. Crowns are usually made out of tooth coloured porcelain or precious metals such as gold.
Why would I need a crown?
You may need a crown if:
- You have a tooth that needs strengthening, especially after root canal therapy
- You have a tooth that needs improved function
- You want to improve your cosmetic appearance
- You need to protect teeth that are weak and prone to breaking
How is a crown made?
A crown is usually completed in 2-3 appointments. First appointment we take a few impressions, prepare the tooth and place a temporary crown on the tooth. Your crown will then be made a specialist dental laboratory. Your next appointment / last appointment we remove the temporary crown and the permanent crown is cemented.
What is a bridge?
A bridge is a fixed appliance that is cemented permanently in the mouth to replace a missing tooth or teeth. A bridge is made up of two crowns on either side of the missing tooth, these are called anchoring teeth.
Why would I need a bridge?
You may require a bridge if
- You need to replace a tooth or teeth
- You need to improve the function
- You want to replace an existing partial denture
White Composite Fillings
What is a white composite filling?
Composite resin fillings are a tooth coloured material made of a plastic dental resin containing small glass particles. Composite dental fillings are strong and durable and can be used to restore front and back teeth to keep your smile looking natural.
Why would I need a white composite filling?
You may require a white composite filling if
- You have a cavity(decay in your tooth)
- You have broken or chipped a piece of tooth or old filling
- You may want to change the shape or colour of a tooth for cosmetic or restorative reasons
Why not call us on 03 9557 9444 to book your cosmetic or restorative dental appointment with one of our gentle cosmetic dentist Bentleigh.